WAUKEGAN TEACHERS ARE LICENSED BY THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, PROPERLY CREDENTIALED (MINIMUM 4-YEAR COLLEGE DEGREE, MASTERS (plus 15, 30 or 45) or PhD) AND ARE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN CONTINUING EDUCATION TO MAINTAIN THEIR ACCREDITATION.
Verifiable resumes and work histories are a requisite of hiring. Salaries are published as this is public information.
Question: What does it take to get elected to the Waukegan School Board?
Answer: 3,000 votes
Qualifications: None defined by statute
By comparison, here are the bios of the Board Members at Chicago Public Schools
Here is a request of the School Board members
1. Post your resumes, including academic achievements and work histories on the WPS60 website
2. Provide credentials and professional qualifications that demonstrate an understanding of financial budgets, policies, working conditions and academic standards to conform with federal, state and local legislation
3. Pass the basic skills examination administered to teachers to illustrate an understanding of curricular materials presented in the classroom.
4. Demonstrate proficiency with computers to address 21st Century Education goals
5. Have a love of children and a dedication to providing life skills so that each student will attain personal satisfaction and financial success
Good for the goose, good for the gander!